Monday 7 July 2014

Illusion knitting-Robot Blanket

I was looking for an interesting pattern to knit a blanket for one of my nephews, and stumbled on illusion knitting.  What a cool creation!  Basically, when you are looking at the blanket head on, all you see is stripes.  When you look at it on an angle, a picture appears, just like magic!  The pattern I found initially was a city skyline, and I was totally amazed, but I kept looking for something a little boy might find a bit more interesting.  I found a scarf pattern that featured illusion knit robots!  (Robot Scarf)  Perfect.  I created a pattern for a blanket using the robot scarf charts and knit it up in grey and white.  I added the zig-zag border after knitting the main portion of the blanket.  What a visually interesting and cool project!  And, as an added bonus, it is not very difficult to execute, as it is all knit and purl stitches.  This is one of those projects that I wish my Grandma was still here so I could show her.  I think she would have been amazed!


Just a plain striped blanket.....
Robots!!
Robot style #1
Robot style #2




No comments:

Post a Comment