Monday 1 September 2014

Liebster Award


I've been nominated twice for the Liebster Award by Mademoiselle Maquillage at mademoisellemaquillage and Jennifer Baron at jensbeautybible.  Thanks ladies!  This award's intent is to get a little more exposure for bloggers with a small following.  

Here's what to do:

  1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
  2. Answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you.
  3. Nominate up to 11 bloggers, with under 200 followers.
  4. Link the bloggers to the post.
  5. Create 11 questions for your chosen bloggers to answer.
  6. Let the bloggers know they have been tagged.
So here goes.......

Eleven little (or widely) known facts about Laura:
  1. My two favourite cities I have visited are Quebec City, QC and Key West, FL.  Both are so beautiful and a real pleasure to explore.  Quebec City has the added benefit of the music of the french language, and Key West is filled with cats and chickens!  
  2. I love to eat fruit.  Nectarines, cherries, plums, blueberries, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, mango, cantaloupe, bananas.  Yum!
  3. I don't really like soda.  I will drink a root beer here and there (especially if there is an option to make it a float), but not much else.  I despise colas.  My favourite beverage is water.  Plain and simple.
  4. I love cats.  
  5. My husband's nickname for me is LT Smash.
  6. I love birds in art and in nature, but I hate birds as pets.  
  7. I love learning.  My favourite thing to do is to learn something new.  
  8. I aspire to be an understanding and diplomatic person.  I always try to remember that everyone has their own reality, and that it will be different from mine.  I try to remember that everyone is fighting their own battles, and I can't know what has happened up until this point, and what will happen after this point.  I try to cut people some slack and make my life not all about me.  But I often fail.  Damn being human!!
  9. I am a huge fan of the "womanly" arts.  Cooking, baking, knitting/crocheting, sewing, caring for others, love.
  10. For me, family is always first.  
  11. I love reading so much.  Books are a treasure.  To be treasured.  The end. 
My (combined) assigned questions:

If you could invent something beauty related, what would it be?
I would invent a mirror that shows what you look like to people who love you.  I truly believe that inner beauty shines through, no matter how many blemishes and imperfections you may have!
If you could learn another language, which would you choose?
I love German.  Mein hund hat keine nase.  Evictius? Auful.
If you could, what would you change your name to?
I love my name, and wouldn't want to change it.  But as a child, I always wanted to change my first name to Candace, then my initials would have spelled CAT.
Do you like sweet or savoury food?
I like to eat something salty, then I need dessert, so I have something sweet.  Then the sweet is too much so I want something salty to cut it.  A vicious cycle.  I typically prefer savoury though.
Is your daily style dressy or casual?
Where does bummy fit in?  I wear a lot of yoga pants and cozy sweaters.  And scrubs at work.  But when I dress up, I do clean up well!
Do you have any tattoos? Would you get any?
No. And probably not.  I can't really think of anything that I would want permanently on my body.  Also, I am a bit of a non-conformist, so if I got one, I would be joining the crowd, so it would have to be pretty damn special to make me cave.  
Do you prefer having your makeup done by someone else over doing it yourself?
I like having it done for me, because I cannot apply false eyelashes, no matter how hard I try.  But I do like doing it myself, because I don't put that much on.  I don't like having a heavy face.  
What is the beauty product you go through the fastest? What are your holy grail products you can't live without?
Do you have a signature nail polish colour you are always wearing?
I don't always have polished nails.  My job is hard on the hands, I have to wash them about 599 times a day, so when my nails are painted, they are promptly chipped and crappy looking.  I do love my neutral colours, I love any shade of grey.  
What is one beauty product worth investing in? Favourite high end and low end makeup brand?
I love the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.  It is the perfect combo of colours for me, and in all my favourite neutrals!  Also, the brush that comes with it is superb.  For someone who doesn't wear much makeup, I kinda splurge on everything I use, because I don't use that much!  
What makeup item gives you instant confidence?
 I honestly rarely wear makeup.  Never in my day-to-day, mostly only if I am dressing up.  So is it corny if I say my smile?!
Products you use for a no makeup, makeup look?
See above!
List of things you want to do before you die?
Learn to swim and go snorkeling or scuba diving, own a second home by the ocean, mortgage free by 33!, read all the books.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Snorkleing and reading on a beach in Hawaii, enjoying my second home by the ocean, which is mortgage free.
Heels or flats?
Heels.  No, flats.  No, heels.  Dang, I can't decide!  
Any hidden talents?
I don't hide my talents!  I am a champion whistler, a decent piano player, I am a fast learner, I do a pretty good job at knitting/crocheting/sewing things.
What career do you see yourself doing?
I could see myself being a woodworker of some kind.  Building furniture or something.  Or a social worker for children.  Or a teacher.  Or an Animal Health Technologist, I suppose. 
Favourite singers/bands?
I love Rancid, Sam Roberts, The Trews, Ron Sexsmith, fun., K'naan.
Do you have any guilty pleasures?
Sleeping in.  Indulging in grumpy moods.  Bitching and complaining.  I really gotta stop with these!  Except sleeping in.  I love my sleep!!

My nomination:
I am nominating a brave blogger who I feel like speaks truths I have in my heart.  Also, she has an adorable son and an interesting life.  I enjoy reading her posts, and I hope other people will too!


My questions for my nominee:
  1. What is a quote that sums up your philosophy on life?
  2. What is your favourite creative outlet?
  3. What is your inspiration/muse?
  4. Name five of your favourite decor items in your home.
  5. Tell us a story from your childhood.
  6. What is your favourite rainy day activity?
  7. What is your favourite sunny day activity?
  8. Tell us about the best day you have had yet.
  9. What is your favourite food to make?  To have made for you?
  10. If you could be any animal, which would you be?
  11. If you could have an all-expenses-paid vacation, where would you go and what would you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment