Thursday 9 October 2014

A hat a day keeps the doctor away

This week was apparently hat week around here! I banged out three hats and a coordinating diaper cover in the span of  6 days. Gotta love crochet for speedy finishes! 

The first hat I made by request for my mother-in-law to give as a gift (my first commission!). She wanted a cowl style hat, and when we saw this pattern with little bear ears, we loved it. We guessed what size to make, as the giftee is a pretty tiny little girl, but upon completion, the hat looked a little small. So I made another one in a larger size. This hat is a fast project, and comes together easily. And is adorable with those little ears! 

Size comparison
Annyong the model: cats love cowls
Since I was on a roll, I decided to keep the hat train rolling and make a hat and diaper cover set for my soon-to-be-born nephew. His mother wanted something cute to use as a prop for newborn photos. We had browsed pinterest together and she picked out a few favourites, but left the final decision to me, as she wanted to be surprised. (Hopefully she doesn't read this before he's born!) I decided to make a puppy hat, because their first born son loves dogs. I used this pattern from the blog Repeat Crafter Me.  Her instructions are super clean and easy to follow.  I had so much fun crocheting this piece; the ear flaps and those braids are adorable. I was freaking out from cuteness at every step. 

Add the diaper cover in, and this is a complete set!
Too cute!
 I made these in a 3-6 months size by mom's request, as their first son never fit anything newborn. Even with that, I marvelled the whole time about how tiny babies are. I can't wait to meet this little guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment