Sunday, 19 October 2014

Welcome to the world baby girl!

A good friend of mine is on the verge of having a little girl, and apparently I can't stop making her gifts. I posted about baby leggings for her to sport with her adorable cloth diapers. I also followed my tradition of knitting new babies a blankie, and chose a gorgeous honeycomb pattern to work on for her. I selected jewel tones of purples and turquoise, to match her baby room. Following her mom on Pinterest was very helpful, as a I had a first hand glimpse into the inspiration for her nursery. 

Honeycomb blanket
I love this closeup detail shot, it really shows the beauty of the colours and textures.
Love those colours!
I also made a dolly for her. I love the idea of having a special dolly made just for you, that is one-of-a-kind and dear to your heart. Call me a romantic, but it really sings to me. So I chose the most romantic fabric I know for the dolly's dress: a print from the Brambleberry Ridge collection by Violet Craft. 
So prim!

I gave her a matching purple Peter Pan collar, black Mary Janes, a pink bow in her hair, and a removable white lace skirt.

Peter Pan collar 
Mary Jane shoes
Removable lace skirt
Skirtless dolly
Out for a walk in the forest....
My husband was adamant that we stage a photo with a painting in our house to make it look like she's walking in the forest. I love when he takes an interest in my activities! 

Now that all the crafting is done for this baby, we're just waiting on her arrival! Hopefully any minute now.....