Friday 22 May 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry: Family Owlbum

I decided to enter my Family Owlbum mini quilt in the Amy's Creative Side Blogger's Quilt Festival in the mini category.
I recently participated in a Charley Harper themed swap on Instagram. My assigned partner said that she loved Family Owlbum, so I decided to recreate the piece as a mini quilt.

The original artwork by Charley Harper
Here are some photos of my work.  If you want to read more about this project, please check out this post!  Please enjoy, and vote for my quilt if you like it!
My interpretation (the front)
The quilt label (a Charley Harper nest)
The back after quilting
Close up of Family Owlbum
Close up of feathers
Closeup of machine binding
Thank you for reading! To vote, find my mini quilt in the Mini Category and click on the heart in the corner of the picture. It's that easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment